Are you a skilled team leader?
Sharp is seeking a Shop Foreman. Reporting to the Regional Manager, the successful candidate will be a strong and experienced team leader with the knowledge and capabilities to manage, lead, and mold your staff into a well-oiled and highly efficient group. Among other things, you will be responsible for maintaining smooth day-to-day operations of the shop, delegating tasks to your team, as well as training and teaching your team members with the overall goal of keeping our vehicles maintained to the highest standard of safety and performance.
In addition to being an effective leader and mentor, you are an individual who is a skilled problem solver and communicator, and who is willing to turn wrenches with the team when the workload requires it.
- Supervise the day to day operations of the service shop through the shop staff, assignment of work, and quality of job completion
- Oversee and ensure that all safety rules are being followed at all sites, at all times
- Produce work schedules in accordance with availability of employees, labour laws and monitor the attendance of staff
- Coordinate daily tasks according to priorities and plans, adjusting as necessary due to weather, supply delivery, and personnel
- Ability to delegate responsibilities and individual projects to the mechanics
- Recruit, hire, mentor, manage and train new employees
- Provide for adequate resources and staffing to meet safety needs, regulations, best practices, laws, and project schedule
- Emphasis on the safe use of tools, machinery and equipment including training on safety gear and procedures
- Monitor and manage budgets
- Project management: including scheduling, coordinating, and supervising of projects
- Reporting to Regional Manager
Qualified Applicants Must Have:
- 310T and 310S certifications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Lead Hand or Foreman position
- Experience with computerized workorders
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Valid G-Class Ontario Driver’s Licence
- School bus experience would be considered an asset
This is a Monday-Friday day shift position. This is a great opportunity for a Lead Hand looking to take the next step.