If you are a team player who is proactive, committed to safety, and are seeking advancement in your career as a School Bus Mechanic, we are looking for you!
Currently seeking a qualified and experienced individual to join our team of skilled mechanics as a 310T or 310S Mechanic. Reporting to the Shop Foreman, the successful candidate will be a skilled problem solver who is mechanically inclined and will be safety minded & hard working.
- Possess and maintain own hand tools required for the job
- Maintain and repair school buses; maintenance, inspection, and safety testing as required
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Maintenance of accurate records of all service, repair, and other work
- Diagnostic tests as needed
- Scheduling of vehicle safety inspections and maintenance
- Comply with Health & Safety Regulations
- Other duties as assigned by Shop Foreman
Qualified Applicants Must Have:
- A valid G-Level Ontario Driver’s Licence
- Valid 310T or 310S licence (willingness to obtain 2nd 310S licence is considered an asset)
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (oral and written)
- A “can do” attitude and a willingness to learn
- Dependable and committed to safety
- Ability to lift 75lbs; physical effort and dexterity is essential for this role
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
In addition to a competitive salary, we also have fantastic employee benefits and great hours; this is a Monday-Friday day shift position. At Sharp, we are a family business, and as such we believe in promoting from within. If you are looking for a career, not just a job, then Sharp is the right place for you.